The CS8130 is an infrared transceiver integrated circuit. The receive channel includes on-chip high gain PIN diode amplifier, IrDA, HPSIR, ASK & TV remote compatible decoder, and data pulse stretcher. The transmit path includes IrDA, HPSIR, ASK & TV remote compatible encoder, and LED driver. The computer data port is standard UART TxD and RxD compatible, and operates from 1200 to 115200 baud.
External PIN diode and transmit LED are required. A control mode is provided to allow easy UART programming of different modes.
The CS8130 operates from power supplies of +2.7V to +5.5V.
• Adds IR port to standard UART
• IrDA, HPSIR, ASK (CW) & TV remote compatible
• 1200bps to 115kbps data rate
• Programmable Tx LED power
• Programmable Rx threshold level
• Power down modes
• Direct, no modulation, mode
• Tiny 5x7mm 20 pin SSOP package
• +2.7V to +5.5V supply