The M66008 is a semiconductor integrated circuit providing the 16-bit serial input-parallel output and parallel input-serial output shift register function. Independent built-in registers for serial input-parallel output and parallel input-serial output enable serial input data to be read into a shift register during output of serial data converted from parallel data. In addition, parallel data input/output pin can be placed in input or output mode in bits. The M66008 is widely applicable to I/O port extension for MCU, data communication of serial bus system, etc.
• Two-way serial data communication with MCU
• Reading of serial data during parallel-serial data conversion
• Division of I/O bit in parallel data input/output
• Low power consumption of 50 µW/package maximum
(Vcc=5V, Ta=25°C at time of standstill)
• Schmitt triggered input (DI, CLK, S, CS)
• Open drain output (DO, D1~D16)
• With parallel data input/output (D1~D16)
• Wide operating supply voltage range (Vcc=2~6V)
• Wide operating temperature range (Ta=–20~75°C)
Parallel/serial data conversion for MCU periphery, serial bus control by parallel/serial data conversion MCU, etc.