The MC74VHC1GU04 is an advanced high speed CMOS Unbuffered inverter fabricated with silicon gate CMOS technology. It achieves high speed operation similar to equivalent Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining CMOS low power dissipation.
This device consists of a single unbuffered inverter. In combination with others, or in the MC74VHCU04 Hex Unbuffered Inverter, these devices are well suited for use as oscillators, pulse shapers, and in many other applications requiring a high–input impedance amplifier. For digital applications, the MC74VHC1G04 or the MC74VHC04 are recommended.
The internal circuit is composed of three stages, including a buffer output which provides high noise immunity and stable output.
The MC74VHC1GU04 input structure provides protection when voltages up to 7 V are applied, regardless of the supply voltage. This allows the MC74VHC1GU04 to be used to interface 5 V circuits to 3 V circuits.
• High Speed: t PD = 2.5 ns (Typ) at V CC = 5 V
• Low Power Dissipation: I CC = 2 mA (Max) at T A= 25°C
• Power Down Protection Provided on Inputs
• Balanced Propagation Delays
• Pin and Function Compatible with Other Standard Logic Families
• Chip Complexity: FETs = 105; Equivalent Gates = 26